Winter.

TITLE. Winter
AUTHOR. Marissa Meyer
RELEASE DATE. November 2015
PAGES. 824
FORMAT. Paperback
GENRE. YA, Fantasy, Fairy Tales

SUMMARY.
Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breath-taking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend – the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?


STANDALONE or SERIES.
Series !! The final and last part of the Lunar Chronicles. Oh how I was looking forward to this last part !!

WHY this book.
Because I love this series. I loved the first books, and it only kept getting better and better !! So hell yeah I NEEDED this one !! And well.. I did not name my cat after this book for nothing haha.


FIRST THOUGHTS.
OMG !! It was soooo good ! When I opened my order with the book in it, it felt so heavy !! And no wonder, it was over 800 pages !! So awesome ! I did my happy dance with the book when I got it haha ^^ And it did not disappoint ! Not at all !! I really loved this book so much <3


PLOT.
So the plot.. We continue were Cress left us, and get the revolution going !! They split up, sometimes not willingly.. and each have their own part in making it all happen. They made some new allies, and get all around Luna to gather enough people to make the revolution happen. Of course, they get into trouble, there are some holdups and just woow.. I mean over 800 pages of awesomeness ! How can I just explain the rest of plot ? So much is happening at the same time XD I really loved how not everything went according to plan, and they had to adjust and start making different plans. I just loved how the author took her time to make everything right. To take her time finishing this story properly. The pace was just perfect, and she walked throw everything without slowing the pace down. I could not stop reading ! You just get sucked right into it and won’t let you go.

ROMANCE.
A lot of different romances going on ! First of Cinder and Kai, they finally got together but had to split up to make it all happen. It was hard on them and I felt for them.. Especially with Levana manipulating Kai.. but they get through it !!
Next up are Scarlet and Wolf, they are separated from the beginning, with Scarlet being locked up on Luna.. but she gets out and they meet up again.. only to get separated again and Wolf being to one who is taken this time… ohh that just sucked !! They deserve to be together so much and they have been through so much !! I love how she does not care about him being a wolf hybrid and just sticks with him, oohhh true love <3
Very excited about Cress and Thorne in this one !! They finally get together !! It takes some time before they admit it to each other.. especially Thorne, but a big YEAAAAHHH when they start kissing in the secret garden, so awesome !! Really felt with Cress at the beginning. 
And last, Winter and Jacin !! So awesome how we get to know them in this book, and how deep their love for each other is, and has been for such a long time but were unable to do something about it L So cool when they start kissing in the garden, and you just want them to be together soooo much !! 

So yeah, a lot of different romances and I loved all of them. It is not overwhelming the story itself, but more than enough to keep my romantic heart satisfied !

SETTING.
Getting to Luna this time !! Most of the series took place at Earth and in space, but finally we get to know more about Luna and how they function as a country. It did remind me a bit of The Hunger Games.. with different poor sectors with bad circumstances and the Capital/Artemisia with the really wealthy people who dress funny and have no idea what is going on, on the outside.
But Luna is a lot bigger, has much more regions and sub levels.. the lava tubes and stuff. The author really took her time getting to different places and it really gave you a view of the whole country. Loved that !

CHARACTERS.
Cinder/Selene. Still think of her as Cinder, not Queen Selene haha. She was really heroic and got the people to rise up !! You also saw a more emotional state of her, when thinks didn’t work out and people sacrificing themselves for her.. She was just an awesome independent woman. She really grew during the story, getting from a mechanic to a rebel/criminal, to Queen. With help of the others of course !
Iko. How I loved Iko ! Always has a thing to say and is just a really special android. You don’t see her as that, but as a real person, with a love for fashion haha. She was really brave and protected everyone, she came a long way as well !
Kai. He gave up so much to make the plan work, getting married to the evil Queen, the coronation.. he was so strong to give up himself for the greater good. Even though he was almost like a prisoner, he still defied her in his own way and helped were he could. He will be a great emperor.
Scarlet. She as well has been through so much, losing her grandmother, getting kidnapped and placed in a cage.. But she stays so strong !! She really is an alpha mate.
Wolf. Felt so sorry for him, finally meeting his mother again to lose her.. She was really brave. But Wolf resisted and came out really strong. Even after everything that happened, getting changed.. So cool how he almost killed Levana ! Hope he will be really happy with Scarlet !
Cress. Just like the others, she came a long way. Getting out of her satellite, braving the world. And her love for Thorne was so cute !! You just felt so much with her ! And how heroic she was time and time again ! Without Cress they would not have managed the uprising.
Thorne. Always the funny guy.. but to get the woman he wants he really needed to step up. I love how he wants to be better for Cress, being the guy who deserves her.. just beautiful. He always makes bad stuff seem less worse and lightens the mood.
Winter. How I loved crazy strong Winter. She is just so sweet and kind, and an amazing person. She as well goes throw so much and comes out so much stronger. Ohh how I loved the references to Snow White !! The old woman and the apple. Her in the suspension tank.. Jacin coming to the rescue. Just loved that !!!
Jacin. When we first meet him we have no idea that he is really a great guy, doing everything he can to protect Winter, even sacrificing himself and the ones he loves. He is so smart and cunning !! And his love for Winter is just so beautiful.. so deep and sexy.
Levana. The evil Queen. We get to know more about her and her background a little (really need to read Fairest) but she is still an evil bitch. I was wondering at the beginning if she was really going to die, or if she would change her way.. even in the end I was still not sure. But well, she got what she deserved !


FAVORITE.
After the entire story we got to know a lot about so many people.. I love all of them so much and they are all awesome in their own way. But personally I really have a weak spot for Winter ! She is just really special. After reading Cress we got a new kitten and I told my boyfriend about it. So when we were thinking about a name Winter sprang in mind.. and it kind of stuck. She is really pretty as well, and yeah, kind of crazy too in her own way haha.

LEAST FAVORITE.
Easy ! And no, not Levana.. she comes close though, but she herself has been through really though shit that made her this way.. but I did hate Aimery the most !! God how mean and annoying he was.. just pure evil !! I was so happy when he died !! He put them through so much hardship, and he was so mean to Winter. Just ugh.


THE BAD.
The only bad I can think of is that Luna reminded me a bit of The Hunger Games. How the world was divided into the sectors and stuff with Artemisia and the people being so spoiled. I really need a story to be original, and Luna/Artemisia just wasn’t. But I got to admit that with all the books that have been published lately it gets harder and harder to make something that jumps out and is different.


FAVORITE QUOTES.
“Tapping a finger against the flesh of her elbow, she deadpanned, “Jacin Clay, there is an assassin under my bed.”
.
“Yeah, but broken isn’t the same as unfixable.”.
“Did you see any rice in there? Maybe we could fill Cinder’s head with it.”
Everyone stared at him.
“You know, to… absorb the moisture, or something. Isn’t that a thing?”
“We’re not putting rice in my head.”

.
“And they all lived happily to the end of their days.”


FINAL THOUGHTS
I had some trouble getting started with this one, not because of the story itself or it was hard getting through, but because it is the ending. I have difficulties with reading the last book, because that means that it is over.. So I thought, let’s just read a couple of chapters every evening, so I can make it last a while. Ha, that was even harder ! When you’re into it, it just doesn’t let go until you’re finished. You read right through it, and it is all so exciting and intense.. just wooow.. It really is one of the bets endings I have ever read. The author really takes her time to make it all perfect and I just LOVED it so much.. Really, if you haven’t started this series or stopped.. I would recommend getting it. Love the fairy tales coming to life in a different world, and everything comes together just amazingly !
Even though it is finished I plan on reading the shorts as well, something I normally don’t do.. But really looking forward to Stars Above ! And I will start reading Fairest soon as well.. So yeah, ha the rating ! I will give it all I have and go for * surprise* 5 Freyja’s !!! READ THIS SERIES !!!

 

Comments

Popular Posts