Audiobook CHALLENGE 2016.

 

A friend of mine told me earlier this year that she started listening to audiobooks instead of just reading books mostly. Mainly because she was too busy with her new baby to actually make time to read, but well.. It worked better for her this way.
It got me curious about listening instead of reading, so I took the free month at Audible and gave it a try. Sometimes I have to travel a lot by car, so I found it ideal that I could listen to books on long travels.

 And to be honest, I actually liked it ! At first it was weird, listening to the narrator, how she used different kind of voices to differentiate the characters, but later on I knew exactly who was who and I could even combine reading with other stuff, like driving or cooking. 

I did not read a lot of audiobooks, I only finished 2 audiobooks and I am currently about 65% through the third one, but I want to increase this number next year !


So, when I came across an audiobook challenge at the blog of Lisa @ Captivated reader
I immediately went to sign up ! The challenge is hosted by Jennifer @ Hot Listens and Loupe @ The Book Nympho, thank you very much for hosting this awesome event !!


Below you can find the rules and details for this event, that I got from Hot Listens.

Challenge Details

 · Runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join at anytime.
· The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2016 than you did in 2015.
· Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
· ANY genres count.
 · Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
· You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
· If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.

Levels

· Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
· Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
· Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
· Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
· Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
· My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
· Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+

Do you want to sign up too ? Click here to participate in the 2016 Audiobook Challenge
!! 
 
And tell me, what are your goals for the next year regarding audiobooks ? Have you listened a lot of audiobooks already, or are you just getting started ?
 

Comments

Popular Posts