Crash Into You.

TITLE. Crash Into You
AUTHOR. Katie McGarry
RELEASE DATE. November 2013
PAGES. 489
FORMAT. Ebook
GENRE. NA

SUMMARY.
The girl with straight A’s and the perfect life – that’s who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy family… and she’s just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker – a guy she has no business even talking to. But after the foster kid with the tattoos and intense grey eyes comes to her rescue, she can’t get him out of her mind.

The last thing Isaiah needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks. But when their shared love of street racing puts their lives in jeopardy, Isiah and Rachel will have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they’ll go to save each other.

STANDALONE or SERIES.
Series. This is the third part in the Pushing the Limits series. Even though each book has their own main characters, the others play a part as well, and I really like that !!

WHY this book.
First of all because I really like Katie McGarry’s writing. I loved the first two books, and I recently read the first book of her new series (Thunder Road), which was awesome as well. Secondly.. because this one is about Isaiah !!! I loved Isaiah’s character a lot in the first part.. and after Beth in the second part, it was more than his time to get happy.

FIRST THOUGHTS.
Awesooooooome !!! Oh how I loved both the main characters, felt with them and loved with them… And cars !!! Not that I know as much as Rachel.. but I love cars as well, and work with my boyfriend on his Celica from time to time. I really enjoyed the fast cars and the racing, something different !!

PLOT.
Finally we get to read more about Isaiah and his life. At the moment he lives with Noah, but things are not going very well.. they need money to keep the apartment, money they don’t have. So to do what has to be done, Isaiah starts racing illegally, where he meets Rachel. Rich girl with a love for fast cars, with her own issues. She comes from a really wealthy family, looking perfect on the outside. But inside.. she is slowly dying.. Her sister Colleen died young (before she was born), and she is her replacement, leaving no room for the real Rachel. Rachel is much more an introvert, and has regular panic attacks. To make things worse, she has four overprotective brothers who make her feel weak all the time. Driving is her way to let it all go and be herself.   
They get in trouble with the local bad guy and owe him money. So to collect that money they need to race more. Working on cars.. but keeping up the façade who they are supposed to be in the meantime as well.. and Isaiah’s mother comes back into the picture !
It was not a fast book, they took their time. But not in an annoying way, I thought it was just the right pace. You follow both of them and their problems, getting closer together and helping each other. Beautiful.

ROMANCE.
I looooooved the romance !! They were better together, tried to be better for the other. Could be themselves, finally. Yes they liked each other instantly.. but they got together gradually and had a mountain of drama before they could really be honest to everyone about their relation.  I loved the drama haha. It makes me feel so much with them, relate to them. She is so good in that !

SETTING.
I was in love with the setting !! I mean, come on, fast cars, racing. Just awesome !! I loved the legal drag races. She made it so visual for me, like you were there with them on the road, racing in sweet Mustangs. Ohh purr, Mustangs ! <3 Downside of living in the Netherlands.. not a lot of beautiful American cars available. At least, not for what I make a month XD
Also the whole rich versus poor, just because you have more money does not mean that you are happier. Bad things happen to all people, not just the poor ones. The world is different maybe, but there are a lot of things that money can’t solve..  

CHARACTERS.
Isaiah. Our main make character. LOVE Isaiah, he is so though and manly, but also sooo sweet on the inside. How he was with Rachel was just awesome.. And getting to know more about his background, and what he has been through with his mom. He grows during the story, and I love that !

Rachel. Our main female character. I really liked her as well, felt so sad for the life she has been living.. That everyone in her family put so much on her shoulders, no wonder she has panic attacks ! Loved how she told her family at the end what it was like, and making a difference.
Abby. Friend of Isaiah, they know each other since childhood. Abby is soo different ! Like she lives in her own world.. I loved how she kept popping up out of nowhere, and helping in the end. And her friendship with Abby was just adorable.
Logan. Nice to see him make a comeback as well ! He’s the best friend of Ryan (who is with Beth) Got to know him a little in the previous part.. but liked that he started racing and helping them !!
Ethan. Twin brother of Rachel, did not really get to know him.. seemed not a very special guy.. he helped Rachel from time to time (twin amnesty) but also did not let her be herself.. he should have supported her more I think.
West. Older brother of Rachel, he’s just a year or so older. The black sheep of the family so to say, gets into trouble a lot. Oh how I could strangle him when he took the money !! But also interesting..
Jack/Gavin. Older brothers, Gavin is the oldest and Jack comes after that. Jack we did not really get to know at all.. and Gavin stayed also more in the background. Just him and his gambling addiction. I really disliked how they all used Rachel to keep her mother happy, that is not how you are supposed to protect your sister.
Noah/Echo. Noah is the best friend of Isaiah, know each other from foster care, he is very busy
getting his life straight, but when Isaiah really needs him he pulls through. Echo we hear not much about.. just that she is not doing very well.. which sucks..
Mrs. Young. The mother of Rachel, who is very instable. After losing her first child, Colleen, to leukemia, she had become quite depressed. She really wanted a daughter, and got that finally with Rachel, but she wants her to be exactly like Colleen, and let her happiness depends on that. She should/could be stronger than that.
Mr. Young. Not a very nice guy, he cares about his family but is always busy with his work. He enables the brothers by depending on Rachel as well for the happiness of his wife. You should not put that much on one girl.
Eric. Bad guy, really creepy..


FAVORITE.
I will have to go for Abby, I loved her so much. She is such a cool and mysterious character !! She makes people feel awkward, that they don’t know how to react to her. I am soo curious about why she is who she is.. and why she has to deal. Love that she has power and scares people ! Very curious about Chasing Impossible !!! And with Logan hihi ^^

LEAST FAVORITE.
I think I will have to go with the brothers of Abby. Like in general. They were on one side so protective of her, a guy only have to get near and they all start growling at that guy.. I get it, it’s their little sister.. but seriously, she needs to have a life as well ! Not fair. And on the other side.. she was like to tool to keep their mother happy, and it is really not fair to put that on one person. So many times they used her for that, while they could see it was hard on her and making her unhappy. That is just bad and made me dislike most of them. They should care more about her and her feelings.

THE BAD.
Ehm.. I think like I told in my least favorite characters, I really disliked how her brothers treated her. Of course you feel like you need to protect your little sister, especially when she has had issues with her health and bullying. But they are way too overprotective.. She has her own life ! She can have a boyfriend if she wants to ! And when they use her to make her mother happy, to make their own problems go away and giving her more problems.. that’s not fair at all and I disliked that.  

FAVORITE QUOTES.
“I’ve sat on this hill a hundred times, and all I used to see were lights that represented places where I wasn’t wanted, where I never belonged. Now, when you aren’t with me, I look east and know one of those lights represent you, and I don’t feel alone anymore.”
.
“I’m done making this family happy.”
 .

FINAL THOUGHTS.
 I really loved this book, I spent most of the day reading it, could not let it go. The day just flew by.. I was so into the book ! How much time she must have invested to make it realistic with all the cars and racing, that takes some serious research ! So I would like to give it 5 Freyja’s. It is worth it. Of course, if you haven’t read the first books, you should do that first.. But you will read right through the entire series !

Comments

Popular Posts