Clockwork Princess

Title: Clockwork Princess
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Walker
Release Date: March 2013
Pages: 568
How I got the book: Pre-ordered it!
 

Summary
 
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.


 
 
 

Stand alone or series: Series, the last part from The Infernal Devices

Why did I read this book: Of course I read this book !! It’s one of my favorite series and writer ! AND THE LAST PART !!

Cover impressions: I loooove the cover. Though mostly I prefer to use my own imagination for the characters, this is just beautiful. I love how the book glows and the background is awesome. Plus she is wearing an awesome dress.  

Review
First off, I pre-ordered this book because I really wanted to have the collectors edition. So when it came with the post I was SOOOOO HAPPY! I literally danced (with the book in my hands) round the table. Got me some funny looks from my parents, but who cares !! Its Clockwork Princess !!! FINALLY. Don’t get me wrong, I really love the books Clare writes, she is one of my favorite writers, but… WHY DOES IT HAVE TO TAKE SOOO LONG ?!! Clockwork Prince was so exciting and when I finished it I wanted to have the next one right away.. but I had to wait for OVER A YEAR L I get that she writes TMI at the same time and well, her books are so detailed and deep that it would take a lot of time to get it right… I understand. But come one, you can do faster.
When I started reading one of the new books it always takes me some time to get into it because I don’t remember how it ended anymore. And I dislike that L
 
I do really, really love the world Clare has created here. The world of the Nephilim is so complete and well thought, I loved it. Where some writers make the mistake to not think everything through, she has. Everything fits together perfectly. I feel like coming home when I start reading again in this world, to see how the characters are doing, like I’m with them.
I’m soo completely and totally in love with the characters of the book, they don’t seem like characters out of a book anymore but like real life persons. Tessa is just awesome and strong and I was so thrilled when I finally found what she is. Her powers are so cool and even though she is not like the others, she tries to be her best and I love that about her. Where normally, I would dislike one of my main characters for loving two guys at the same time, with Tessa, Will and Jem it was just right. How it was supposed to be. My heart broke for Will and Tessa in the second installment when he found out about his curse and confessed his love for her, it was so sad and tragic.
 
Though Jem had every right to be with her too, he is an amazing person, so caring and loving, while he is dying you can’t be mad at him for asking Tessa to marry him !
As a TEAM WILL person I felt that she should have been with him.. but on the other side Jem deserves her to. With a conflict like that it seems to me it is very hard for a writer to make a choice. You will disappoint readers either way (Thinking about My Blood Approves..) and I love how Clare put it all together. She made it fit ! She gave them all the happy ending they deserved so much. Not just Tessa, Will and Jem, but the others as well ! The Lightwood brothers, Sophie, Cecily, Charlotte, Henry, they all got there happily ever after. Oh and haha, I was so glad when Consul Waylands head was cut off, talking about getting what you deserve !! Dick.
 
I also love how she fuses TMI and TID together. They merge perfectly and I love seeing the same family resembles back in the other series. I had my own moment of triumph when they found out Jem is the same person as Silent brother Zachariah ! I KNEW IT !! I KNEW IT !! From TMI I had a feeling that it was him, but I couldn’t prove it until now ! HA !
 
I did let a tear when the parabatai bond snapped, I felt so sorry for Will, he was broken and so desperate. I hated it when he left Jem to go after Tessa, but I understood that he had to go. Though I feel like he should have been with him when it happened. But well, luckily it wasn’t the last time they saw each other !
 
Will was even better in this book then the last ones, so tortured with his love for both Jem and Tessa… He has been my favorite from the beginning, and I love how he became a better person during the series, he broke his curse, found love, got his family back, I just love Will haha. I would like to have seen how he acted as the leader of the London Institute though ! Who knows…
 
I did get kind of frustrated when Will went after Tessa and they just missed each other a couple of times ! I wanted him to find her asap.. Though when he found her in the cave *giggle*
I was like OOHHYEAHH !! They just gave in to each other at last.. <3 Awesome that Magnus found them haha. And I love Magnus sooo much ! I really enjoy reading about him in both the series, and I am very curious if he is going to play a part in her new series as well. Even though we still have to wait a couple of years before we can read about that… Oh and not to forget, we will see him in the theatre in August for City of Bones ! *excited*

In the end, she wrote most of their progress  and stories in the epilogue. Sometimes I feel the epilogue in books is just for fun.. or to fill the last pages, but in this book I was soooo happy that she told me how they ended up. It's the kind of closure that I needed to move on haha ^^

Rating
I can’t give it anything less than 6 Freyja’s, I just can’t. I loved the entire book and there just is NOTHING negative I can come up with about Clockwork Princess. I am maybe a frustrated with the pace of her publication but that does nothing to the book itself. It was beautiful and
a perfect last part for The Infernal Devices. I felt so much with the persons in this book and their story and this will probably not be the only time I will read this series. I must recommend this book to everyone who loves stories about the supernatural, because it has it all. 
I'm going to miss the Infernal Devices and their characters a lot, but I'm kind of hoping to see some of them back in the last part of The Mortal Instruments, and maybe even in her new series. Fingers crossed !!

Comments

Popular Posts