Top Ten Tuesday 10.01.17.

This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish  

Good afternoon everybody ! Sorry, normally I post sooner, but I had a very busy morning away from my desk, so it wasn’t possible until now.

So let’s get started right away. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday had a great topic, namely Top Ten 2016 Releases We Meant to Read But Didn't Get Around To (But TOTALLY plan to). It never gets old, every year I’ve seen releases come by, maybe bought the book, but didn’t have the time to read it !! This year is no different and I have a ton of books I wish I’d read already, but didn’t. And of course I plan on reading it this year.. but who knows how that will end. But let’s stay positive and say that I will read all of these books this year !!

I’ve made the list based on the release date, so the sooner it was released, the higher it is up the list.


One. The Imposter Queen by Sarah Fine 05.01.
The concept of this book sounds great, magic, priests and temples, disgrace and banishment.. So why have I not read this yet ?? Beats me. It is right up my ally and I’ve really enjoyed Sarah Fine so far. The second book is also just releases (last week), so maybe I should make some time this year, so I will be ready for the last part at the beginning of 2018.

Two. Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop 08.03.
If there is one book I am going to read this year, it will be this one. Sometimes I really dislike my.. let call it quirks. So far, I’ve read all three parts before this one in mass-market paperback and now.. I only want to read the others in the same way. But, those are like released a YEAR after the release.. which sucks, but I can’t read it any other way. So I will order this one soon and read it. Going to have the same problem with the fifth one.. but well, enough to read in the meantime !

Three. A Court of Mist and Fury 03.05.
I had to buy it when I saw it, such an awesome colour and I knew I would love it even though I hadn’t read the first book. But HA, I finished the first one last week and it was totally awesome !! Though I do not feel much for Tamlin, I am kind of hoping for more Rhysand.. And if I read this one now, I will be right on time for the third one in May !!

Four. United as One by Pittacus Lore 28.06.

I’ve read the first three books, but got a bit behind after that. My idea was to re-read the entire series this year so I could finish with the last one in June. That did not happen. I hope I will this year, because all of them are ready and waiting on my shelves at home !


Five. And I Darken by Kiersten White 07.07.
I’ve tried starting it, but I just was not in the mood for it at that moment. So it has been lying on my shelves, calling me, but I haven’t picked it up again. Even though this seems like an amazing book and I hear so many good things about it !! I will get started this year, and this way I can continue with the second one, which will be released this June !

Six. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas 06.09.
Yes, another Maas book.. I LOVE her series, and the moment I’m in them I get hooked and can’t let go. But to pick them up and get started is not my strong suit. I don’t know why, maybe because they seem so big and threatening ? But I love Aelin so much, and grown to love Manon.. and most of the other characters too, this series has become one of my favourites ever. But I still have trouble getting in it..

Seven. The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst 20.09.
This one seems so awesome and I’ve seen a lot of positive reviews come by. So when I got it in my NovelTea subscription, I really planned on reading it. Soon. But alas, it did not happen yet. But it will !!


Eight. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo 27.09.
I LOVED The Six of Crows, it was amazing and so full of adventure and great main characters. So now all that rests is this one. Since I just finished the first book a couple of weeks ago, I’m not in much hurry.. Mainly because it is the last and I have trouble with finishing series, but I know this will be worth it. I hope to start on it this week or the next.

Nine. Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven 04.10.
Her last book made me cry big time and I loved it. So I’m really curious about this one, but I’m also kind of scared it will be an emotional read. I’m more in a happy fase at the moment. But I will read it this year !!

Ten. Heartless by Marissa Meyer 08.11.

I hate that this one is on my list, I’ve wanted to have read this one already. I love the Lunar Chronicles and I love fairy-tale retellings !!! But I’ve waited for Christmas, so I could ask for the pretty hardcover version.. And now I should get started, hopefully soon.


I hope you liked my Top Ten, which book do you think I should read first ? And which books did you choose for this week’s top ten?

 .

Comments

  1. I wasn't the biggest fan of And I Darken. I did really like Holding up the Universe though!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartless is on my list as well! Holding Up The Universe, And I Darken and The Queen of Blood are on my TBR still as well. Crooked Kingdom, ACOMAF and Empire of Storms were some of my favorites of 2016, so I hope you'll enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I Darken and ACOMAF were both on my list this week. I really enjoyed both Empire of Storms and Heartless, so I hope you enjoy them :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/top-ten-tuesday-91/

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I Darken was definitely on my list this week and I need to get to it this year. It just sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts