REVIEW Paper Princess.

TITLE. Paper Princess
AUTHOR. Erin Watt
PUBLISHER. Everafter Platinum
RELEASE DATE. April 4th 2016
PAGES. 370
FORMAT. Ebook
GENRE. Contemporary, New Adult

DESCRIPTION.
From strip clubs and truck stops to southern coast mansions and prep schools, one girl tries to stay true to herself.

These Royals will ruin you…

Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone.

Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.

Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.

He might be right.

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees.
 



REVIEW.
I noticed this book before and, in my mind, it was some sort of Princess Diaries. You know, nerdy, cute girl learning how to act as a Royal and meeting cute guys and everything is just adorable. I mean, look at the cover !! Does it not look like it will be all cute and fluffy !?!
Damn how wrong was I !! Of course my own fault, for not really reading the description.. but this book was so NOT a cute little book. Not at all.

Don’t get me wrong, it was most certainly a good one, but not what I had expected. This book is something else. It held me captive through the end, and I had two very late nights. This is one of those books that make you want to continue even though you know you should stop because you have to work in the morning, but can’t. I kept telling myself “just one more chapter, then I’ll put it away and go to sleep..” of course, it is many chapters and hours later when I finally could put it down.

So this story is about a girl who had a though life. She was alone with her mother and had little money. They travelled a lot to survive and in the end her mother got sick. She took care of herself and her mother at any cost, doing things girls her age should not be doing. After her mother past away she didn’t want to end up in foster care and tries to survive on her own. Suddenly a man (Callum Royal) appears who claims to be her guardian now that both her parents have died and he comes to take her with him. He was her father’s best friend and wants to offer her a better life. After some bargaining she comes with him and finds out he has FIVE sons around her age who she is going to live with. Their mother just died two years back and their relationship with their father is very bad, they blame him for their mothers dead and don’t listen to him at all.
Apart from all that, they are filthy rich. Like really really rich rich. Of course they send her to a special rich people school and she does not really make a lot of friends. The Royal guys rule the school and since they dislike her, everybody treats her like trash.
But, things happen and they start to get to know each other better.. some even very much better..
Until things at the end go terribly wrong...
THE END OF BOOK ONE.


The damn ending !! Oh my God !! I did not have such a HUGE CLIFF-HANGER in a while and it was really really very mean to end a book like that. I really hated what happened at the end and.. My poor heart..

And now I have to wait a couple of months before I get to continue !! I do not want to spoil anything so I won’t go into details.. but that ending.. It was so terrible. I mean imagine, you’re going towards the end of an book and you’ll think maybe they have their happy ending and in the next book we will get to know more about the other brothers and how their story continues. But that does not happen. Instead, I got a very scary feeling that things are not going the way they should be going and then the last couple of pages just ripped my heart out. 


I love it when a story can do that, and what a story this was. Even though some parts seemed kind of Obvious, she did give it a twist and some stuff happened that I did not expect at all. It did not get boring for one moment and for something with a lot of sexual content in it, the romance did not drive out the rest of it. I really dislike when a romance takes over the plot, but this one kept right on track. Greatly done !

I did really liked the main narrator, she is very tough and brave, but most of all; she does not let bullies get away with tormenting her. She fights back just as hard and don’t let people play with her. But not only that, you also see her growing throughout the story and getting more mature.

So because I liked her, I felt a lot of compassion towards her, I completely empathized which made me feel right along with her, and started to fall with her.. and then THE ENDING.

I finished this one in the middle of the night, I should already have been asleep for at least an hour or two and then THAT happens. I did not know what to do !! I was wide awake and too shocked and hurt to fall asleep. I lay awake for over an hour, going through all of the things that happened.. and I just.. NEED the second book. I NEED my happy ending.. but after what happened, how can they possibly have a happy ending? What he did was so horrible he should never be forgiven. But then I start making excuses for him.. But to be honest? There is no excuses for what he did. And that ending kind of made me dislike the book more.

What I also didn’t like was the whole unlikelihood of it all. Okay it is one thing that some rich guy finds you and wants to take care of you (Okay not very likely but still). But he has not one or maybe two, but FIVE gorgeous sons !? Seriously ?? That is just not realistic at all.


But apart from that.. damn those guys were HOT. Put me in a house with them any time haha. But no seriously, even though all of them were very hot and heavy.. they all have their issues which made them more human. Shit happened and they all process that in their own way, and it was interesting to see. Can't wait to get to know them even better.

FINAL THOUGHTS.
But all in all, I really enjoyed this book. It is so great to read something that is written so easy to fall into and made my heart flutter and break. Even though I hated the ending and I really dislike it when a writer leaves you all broken up with a cliff-hanger, she did do a good job and I would like to give this book 4 Freyja’s for that.

And as last, I want to give some kind of warning that this is NOT a fluffy and cute read. It is full of sexual content and they are very graphic about it. So if you don’t like that kind of thing, or not really an adult yet.. I would not recommend this one. If you do like it, hell yeah read this book if you don’t mind a huge cliff-hanger that breaks your heart in the process. 


Now I have to wait.. DAMN.

 

Comments

Popular Posts