REVIEW Walk the Edge.

TITLE. Walk the Edge
AUTHOR. Katie McGarry
PUBLISHER. Harlequin Teen
RELEASE DATE. March 29th 2016
PAGES. 448
FORMAT. Ebook
GENRE. Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

SUMMARY.
One moment of recklessness will change their worlds 
Smart. Responsible. That's seventeen-year-old Breanna's role in her large family, and heaven forbid she put a toe out of line. Until one night of shockingly un-Breanna-like behavior puts her into a vicious cyber-bully's line of fire—and brings fellow senior Thomas "Razor" Turner into her life.

Razor lives for the Reign of Terror motorcycle club, and good girls like Breanna just don't belong. But when he learns she's being blackmailed over a compromising picture of the two of them—a picture that turns one unexpected and beautiful moment into ugliness—he knows it's time to step outside the rules.

And so they make a pact: he'll help her track down her blackmailer, and in return she'll help him seek answers to the mystery that's haunted him—one that not even his club brothers have been willing to discuss. But the more time they spend together, the more their feelings grow. And suddenly they're both walking the edge of discovering who they really are, what they want, and where they're going from here.



REVIEW.
This is the second instalment in the Thunder Road series, following up on Nowhere But Here, and somewhere next year the third book will come out.

I have been waiting a while for this book to come out, and had to start as soon as it was released ! I love Katie McGarry and her Pushing the Limits series is just amazing !! And I really liked the first book in this new series, introducing us to the world of motor clubs and the little town of Snowflake. This book continues were the first one left of, only instead of focusing on Oz and Emma, this one is about Razor and Breanna.

Both of them are having a tough time, Razor in dealing with his mother’s death a couple of years ago, and Breanna with her brain. Sounds a bit weird maybe, but Breanna’s mind works differently, it is “smarter” then us normal human beings and she has a lot of trouble fitting in because of that. And not just with her peers, but at home as well. As the number five of a family of nine she doesn’t feel at home anywhere and it is making her very unhappy.
But to make matters even worse, on a night she tries to be normal she ends up very intimately with Razor and pictures are being made. She is blackmailed for it, and Razor tries to help her, while she helps him out solving a puzzle connected to his mother’s death. Of course.. they develop a deeper connecting and fall for each other. But with Razor being part of the Reign of Terror and Breanna being the good girl things get more and more complicated.

Ooohhh how I loved the romance in this book !! Yes it is very predictable, but luckily it took some time for them to grow their feelings for each other and I was not bothered with it. Both characters are tormented in their own way and it is beautiful to see how two people can accept each other and start accepting themselves because of that. And not only that, but some hot and heavy scenes too !! Ohh the tension between them was so sexy !! Loved it !! 

And it made me feel so much with them ! The way things were written down I hurt right along with them and I felt really sad for them.. Love how she can do that !! 

I like how the author makes us more aware of different theme’s throughout her series. This one for example, with Breanna and her way of thinking. How it affects her and those around her. That being smart does not mean that everything will go easy on you. I love how she intertwines these themes into her stories, it really gives something extra to it !

The main characters themselves were very likeable. Breanna was so quirky and smart, I loved how we got to know more about how she views the world. And Razor is just the perfect example of a bad boy with a heart of gold, I loved him. They are just a great couple together.

 What I did not like though, and I did not like in the book before this one is that well.. those motor clubs are a bit discriminating against women. I love the whole brotherhood stuff and that they do everything for each other and help each other.. but why does it have to be a man only club ? If you are married with one of them you’re part of the group in some ways.. but they never let you into the real stuff and what is going on. You will always be second to the club and I dislike that. Maybe it’s me, but I prefer to have a honest relationship, without lies and keeping stuff from each other.
So, this world is not for me in that point of view.

What I also disliked was how Breanna’s parents treated her. Fine if you want to have sooo many children, but you should not neglect some of them because you’re too busy with your other children… And you most certainly should not lean on them to be a co-parent. It is your choice, and your children should not suffer for that. And if you can’t handle it, you should have used a condom.. 

FAVORITE QUOTES.
“Yeah, I know. I’m supposed to be this twenty-first-century woman and obsessed with a man desiring me for my massive intellect. I am woman, hear me roar, and all that stuff, but for once, it would have been really freaking awesome to be the girl in the pretty dress left alone with the gorgeous bad boy who wants to kiss me.”
.
“The boy everyone sees but nobody knows is with the girl who everybody knows but nobody sees.”
.
“This is heartbreaking and consuming and addictive. It’s terrifying and peaceful, crazy and serene. It’s a million things in one brief moment and it’s something I don’t understand and never want to live without.”
.


FINAL THOUGHTS.
Even though I did not agree with everything, the story was great and a lot of stuff happened. A lot of contemporary romance books are so focused on the romance that it completely discards the plot itself, if there even is a plot. But this author just a way with combining romance with a good plot and loveable characters. Soo I would like to give this book 4.5 Freyja’s. Because I really liked this one, and I am very much looking forward to the next one !! Mainly, because it is going to be a crossover !! We’ll see some characters from the Pushing the Limits series, and I LOVED that series !! Totally fangirling over this ^^ So read this one, and the others !!

 

Comments

Popular Posts