Top Ten Tuesday. 27.12.16.

This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish  

Good morning everyone ! I hope you had a great Christmas with a lot of awesome books under your tree !! Personally, I’m very happy with my Christmas loot. ^^ And I had a great time with my family and a lot of amazing food !! We celebrated at our own new home with family on our second day of Christmas, and it was really nice to be able to  do that !! But well, even though it is over again, we still have another week off and I’m planning on enjoying that big time !!

But back on topic, I have another Top Ten Tuesday for you today! The last one of this year even ! This week was a very difficult one !! I choose to make it my Top Ten Best Books of 2016, with books that were released this year. That made it a bit more manageable, because otherwise I had way too much to choose from. So far I’ve read 130 books this year, (which is a new record for me) but to only pick ten is just not possible if I don’t put any restrictions on it. So only 2016 releases !! I tried to make a real Top 10, it was difficult.. but I think I stand behind it (for now at least).
 
One. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare.
I have to put this book first. I LOVED this one so much it has to be at the top. I love all of her shadowhunter books and this one was no exception. I can’t even describe how glad I was when I got this one and was able to get back into this world. I love everything about it. It was a great plot, amazing characters and full of emotion. Just the best.

Two. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.
I’ve read both books this year from the Illuminae Files, but this is the only 2016 release, so I will keep to this one. And, maybe I even liked this one just a bit more.. Not sure though.
I was completely blown away with this one. The Illuminae Files is so different from what I normally read and I love how they have given it shape. All the different files, combined with drawings and chat sessions.. It is so incredibly original, just one of the best, READ IT.

Three. The Winner’s Kiss my Marie Rutkoski.
This whole series is amazing, but I loved the ending. Even though you hope they will end up together, it stays excited until the end. Not only that, but the romance was not what overruled this series. The story and the plot came first and I loved that. The main characters (and some side characters too), were amazing and I flew through this series. Great ending for a great series.

Four. The Rose and the Dagger by Rene Ahdieh.
Another ending and a great one. I had to have this one and read it immediately when it came out. I love the whole fairy-tale retelling part and how she gave her own twist to it. She is such a beautiful writer, I have so many gorgeous quotes on this one. And of course the story itself was amazing as well, full of fantasy and magic. Shahrzad is one of my favorite characters of this year, so brave and strong. Girl power !!

 

Five. It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover.
I cried a lot during this one and was completely heartbroken after. It was a very heavy, emotional, powerful and beautiful story. I could not stop reading it until I was finished and I felt out of it for the rest of the day. It had a really strong impact on me, something Colleen Hoover manages to do only stronger with each new book it seems. Her best one so far. Just read it.

Six. Paper Princess by Erin Watt.
Actually, not just the first book but the entire series was releases in 2016 !! Big applause for fast writing and releasing so we don’t have to wait YEARS to finish this series !! I had my doubts about placing this series at the sixth place, but I want to reward fast releasing so at sixth it is. I really liked this series and I love how they are capable to play with my feelings so much. This was an emotional rollercoaster for me, and I loved it. It was everything I seek in a New Adult, filled with drama and tragedy. Just great !!

Seven. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton.
I think this was an amazing debut. I loved the setting in the desert and the world she created. I really enjoyed the djinn, magical horses and how she made it into something different and original. I can’t wait to see how she will continue this in the second novel !!


Eight. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ahston and Jodi Meadows.
I put this one in for a bit of a different reason than the others, because this was not the most gorgeous or heart-breaking story. This was, for me, so much FUN. It was completely silly and hilarious and I loved every second of it. We need this kind of books to take a break from all the heavy and emotional stuff and THIS IS IT. The perfect in-between novel.

Nine. These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas.
I really dislike that this did not get the positivity that I think it deserves. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and loved the setting based in 1882 London and how they combined that with the human power stuff. It was action-packed and I just flew through the pages, going from one event to the other. I loved the spirit of the MC and how even though there was romance, it was not the main focus of the story. For me this really was a perfect combination between Jane Austen and Xmen, and I can’t wait to see how they will continue in the second novel.

Ten. The Dirt on Ninth Grave and The Curse on Tenth Grave by Darynda Jones.
Yes I’m cheating a tiny bit at the end.. I know these are two books, but they are in the same series and the same writer and both of them came out this year !! How can I choose ??? So both it is. I really love this series and it has become one of my favourites of all time. I LOVE Charley, even though she is very weird and crazy, but she has just the most amazing personality. Not only that, but she has very hot moment with Reyes.. *sigh*.. And the most lovable side characters !! I love Cookie, Cookie’s daughter, her uncle Bob and Osh and Strawberry Cupcake and all the others !! It feels like family.  

 

I hope you liked my Top Ten, which books did you choose for this week’s top ten?


 


Comments

  1. The Winner's Kiss and The Rose and the Dagger made my list too. I really want to read Illuminae soon. Everyone seems to love those books so much. Great list!!

    My Favorites of 2016

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have waited to read The Paper Princes for awhile now, I have an eBook so hopefully I will get to it soon. Awesome list :)

    My Best of 2016

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemina is so amazing! One of my all-time favourites! I've seen My Lady Jane on so many lists - I think I might be buying me a copy soon! *_*

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! It Ends With Us made my list too. I still need to read a lot of these on your list. Particularly Lady Midnight and The Rose and the Dagger. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great Christmas! I need to get to Gemina soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, many of the books you've listed sound really good. Happy reading to you in 2017!!

    Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-of.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts