Top Ten Tuesday. Books & Music. 16.02.16

 
 
This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

 
Another week, another Top ten Tuesday ! So this week is all about music & books and we can go our own way with this. I’m having a hard time with this topic, because I can’t really see my books combined with song. I love music, don't get me wrong.. But I've never really connected them. So I’ve chosen to give you some books that are about music, or music has at least a big part in the story. I could not get to ten.. But well, seven is okay too for this one. As usual, in no particular order !



Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover. I’ve read this one last year and I really enjoyed it. It is about making lyrics and music.. With a guy who is deaf.. oh it was just so beautiful.




Amplified by Tara Kelly. This one is about a girl who wants to make it in music, but doesn’t have the support of her parents.. so she has to find her own way, and luckily she comes across someone who can help her ^^ Of course, they don’t think she can do it.. but she proves them wrong !!

 



The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski. We all know this one by now and love it all.. But music played a big part in this one too. With her piano.. * sight* It really makes me want to re-read this one. Soon !!





American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin. I had a lot of fun reading this one, it’s about a girl and a boyband ^^ They are being threatened, and the main characters father takes them in house for their protection. So much fun !

 



The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. So maybe the main story is not about music.. but who doesn’t think of books and music and doesn’t see an image of Jem on his violin ? I LOVED this story so much.. *sigh* (I do like the new covers.. but the older ones that I have are very pretty as well)

 



Rocked Under by Cora Hawkes. About a guy in a band who is absolutely sexy and has a lot of issues.. who doesn’t like one of those ? XD Maybe I’ve grown over this one by now.. but it is still about music.

 

 


Unraveling You series by Jessica Sorensen. The main characters name is Lyric ! How more music related do you want to get ? I really loved this series, it was so creepy and scary sometimes.. but because of the music they bonded and got closer together. It is a way to let go of your feelings and express them through music. Great series.

 


Those are my Top Ten (Seven) picks, what topic did you chose ? Did I forget some great ones that you’ve noticed ?

Comments

  1. I added some new books to my TBR list - thanks! Heartbreakers by Ali Novak is a great music inspired book.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these yet, but The Winner's Curse and The Infernal devices are both on my TBR. And I really should read Colleen Hoover, she is everywhere at the moment.

    Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will have the time to read them soon :) Especially The Infernal Devices !!

      Delete
  3. The only book here that I've actually read is Clockwork Prince - of course, totally think of Jem when books and music is mentioned. I do want to read Winner's Curse though, because I've heard such awesome things about it. Hopefully I'll get to it soon. And American Girl on Saturn caught my attention with the title months ago and when I found out what it was about, I knew I wanted to get to it eventually. It's great to see it on your list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally read the others in The Infernal Devices !! And the other books as well haha ^^ Thanks for visiting !

      Delete
  4. I love Maybe Someday! And The Infernal Devices. Even though I'm a Wessa fan, I do love Jem with his violin. Great list!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a TessaxWill fan myself, but I liked Jem as well.. it was very difficult, but I think Cassandra Clare ended it all perfectly ^^ Thanks for visiting

      Delete
    2. I think she did too. That was a hard triangle to wrap up!

      Delete
  5. Great list! I haven't read any of these yet but I've wanted to read Maybe Someday for a while now.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love your list for this week!! I have new titles to add to my tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Glad to hear I've got you to add more books !! :)

      Delete
  7. This was a fun take on the topic! I don't know if I've ever really read any books about music per se, but I did recently read on in which one of the characters was a master violinist. The music was described beautifully, but it didn't play a huge role. I've never actually read The Infernal Devices, but wow that cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which book was that ?
      And you really should read The Infernal Devices !!!
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts