FRIDAY 56 & Book Beginnings. 26.02.16.

 

I’ve had a great week until yesterday (I got married, so yeah, basically it could not go any better), but yesterday my grandmother died. She was there a couple of days ago at my wedding and now she is suddenly gone.. It totally sucks.

 But well, starting tomorrow I’ll be free from work for 3 weeks. Mainly to move into our new home.. 

So, this week I have another great read I would like to share with you guys. As usual, I’ve combined my Friday 56 with Friday Book Beginnings !! So check it out.

First off, we start with The Friday 56, a weekly meme hosted by Freda’s Voice 


THE RULES.
ONE. Grap a book, any book
TWO. Turn to page 56 or 56% in case of an e-reader
THREE. Find any sentence (or a few, just no spoilers) that grabs your attention
FOUR. Post it
FIVE. Add the URL to your post to the link on Freda’s Voice most recent Friday 56 post


I’m combining this one with The Friday Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader 


 The rules of this one are pretty simple, you share the first sentence of the book that you are reading and share your thoughts, impressions etc. on this. And of course, don’t forget to share your URL on the Rose City Reader !


I’m very happy that I finally got my hands on this book. I could have read it already, but I really wanted to read it physically. You know, like hold an actual book in my hands for once. So, I ordered it.. but there was something wrong with it, so unfortunately I had to send it back. Made some mistakes on the return form so I did not get a new copy.. But this week I was at an actual bookstore and I decided to buy it instead and now I have it just like I wanted.
 But well, I really loved the first two books in this series, it completely surprised me ! So without further ado..



FIRST Sentence.
Meg Corbin entered the bathroom in the Human Liaison’s Office and laid pout the items she’d labeled the tools of prophecy: antiseptic ointment, bandages and the silver folding razor decorated with pretty leaves and flowers on one side of the handle.


PAGE 56.
She ran straight into the path of the truck. As it hit her, she remembered that something from the last prophecy – the woman’s voice saying, “Don’t! It’s not too late.
And then it was too late.



I hope I made you a bit curious about this book.. ^^ Have a great and wonderful weekend.

Comments

  1. Yes, you did. :-) Have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, happy to make you interested !
      Have a wonderful weekend !

      Delete
  2. Definitely curious! Mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Score ^^ Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend !

      Delete
  3. I love this series! The next book should be arriving on my Kindle soon. I have come to prefer Kindle editions to print books but am tempted to make an exception because I love the covers of these. I am spotlighting Just This Night by Mari Madison this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have the next one, I was sooo excited that I got it as an ARC.. but stupidly I haven't had the time to read it yet..
      Most books I read as an ebook, but some series of writers that I know or good ones I prefer to read hardcopy.
      Thanks for visiting and have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  4. Okay, curious here. That 56 was a bit startling. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: ”THE PRICE OF SALT”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was, and actually quite sad :( But.. well no spoilers ^^
      Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend !

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. :( Congrata again on getting married though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a very confusing week this way.. but reading keeps me occupied at least :) Thanks again for visiting !!

      Delete
  6. Your excerpts definitely grabbed me.
    My Friday post features WATERCOLORS IN THE RAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested! I like how it's called Vision of Silver and the word silver is mentioned within the first sentences. 56 was quite eerie! Have a great weekend!

    My Friday ---> AND I DARKEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even noticed that haha, very perceptive of you ! Have a great weekend too !

      Delete
  8. Definitely curious - I want to know what happens with the truck...lol...
    I have got to get started on this series - Congrats on the Wedding - sorry about your grandmother - but I'm glad you got to see her for the wedding.

    Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm very happy she was there as well.
      You should definitely read it then !! Hope you will have time for it soon :) Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  9. Best wishes to you on your wedding! But condolences about your grandmother. What a week! You almost sound like the heroine of this book!

    Thanks for participating in BBOF, especially during such a hectic period in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank you, it has been a very turbulent week.
      Thanks for visiting !!

      Delete
  10. What a week for you! I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My deepest condolences on the loss of your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and condolences.

    I really would like to try this series.

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you really should !!
      And thanks for visiting !

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts