Top Ten Tuesday. Top Ten Futuristic Books You Love.


 Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

 

So this week I’ve chosen for the topic The Top Ten Futuristic Books You Love. You could choose between the future and the past, and it being the beginning of a new year, I found the future more suitable. This month is for me a big step into the future I want, which also made the future more compelling for me ^^ Most of the futuristic books I’ve read are dystopians, which has been a very poplar genre recently, especially with all the movies ruining them.. But some of them are my favourite series ever ! As usual, the books are in random order !




Alienated series by Melissa Landers. About aliens !! How more futuristic do you want to have it ^^ And the third one will be released later this year.





The Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole. This has to be one of my favourites, I love how she made such a unique series out of this. With the great arcana and the small one, guessing who is who and how they translated this into a real person. And, all of that in a post-apocalyptic setting ! How awesome.




The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey. I sincerely hope that the movie doesn’t suck… I was really surprised when I read this book, I had it in my bookcase for a while and picked it up randomly. Blown away ! You keep guessing what is going on, who is who, very intriguing plot !! Third one will be out later this year too !





Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. I LOVE this series, I was so emotional after the second one, it was written absolutely beautiful, just wow !! And awesome of course that people can develop all kinds of powers and stuff in the future. Gorgeous covers !





For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund. I love the cover of this series, so beautiful. But another dystopian, futuristic series that kind of surprised me. How the world is build and the difference in classes, if you haven’t read it, you should totally give it a try !


 


The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Yes, yes I’ve done this one so many times already, but it is a futuristic book that I loved very much. It has so many components that really makes this one worth your while ! And that combined with the fairy-tale retelling is just an extra bonus.





Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee. Loved it, was completely taken away with this series. So many things happen, and with the whole time weaving thing is just awesome.



 

 Chemical Garden series by Lauren Destefano. A bit of an older one by now, but very futuristic nevertheless. How we all took everything for granted and wanted better and better, and it ended up in people not living past their 20th or 25th birthday.. Creepy right ?



 
The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken. Also in the future, with kids developing superpowers.. I really loved this one. Made me almost cry at the end of the first book. Really looking forward to the rest !





Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee. Talking about the post-apocalyptic ^^ This is a great one ! Very exciting, and kind of creepy too sometimes, great read !! Though I still need to finish it..



 

Those are my Top Ten picks, what topic did you chose ? Did I forget some great ones that you’ve noticed ?


Comments

  1. Yes to cinder chronicles, shatter me and angel fall series. They're all great :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they really are among my favorites ever ! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome list!! I looooove the lunar chronicles. I really need to read the Shatter Me and Angel Fall series though. Both of those series look right up my alley. Here's my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/02/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-favorite.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you should !! And The Arcana Chronicles is also really worth your time I think..
      Thanks for visiting again and sharing !!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these but some of them are on my TBR, and a few were on my list this week of futuristic books I want to read.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/02/top-ten-tuesday-42/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you haven't read any of these, they are really great !! You should make some time for them !!
      Thanks for visiting !!

      Delete
  4. Hi, this is a nice list! Some I already know and love like Shatter Me and the 5th Wave and some I am curious about and will add to my TBR like The Arcana Chronicles and Gates of Thread and Stone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, happy to be of help for your TBR ! Both of those are really great !!!
      And thanks for visiting of course !

      Delete
  5. I really want to read Alienated! They have the first ebook at my library, so I plan to borrow it sometime this year :-D I also want to read the Chemical Garden series and maybe The Fifth Wave. But For Darkness Shows the Stars does have a gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should get it sometimes !!
      I kind of dislike that The Fifth Wave is a movie now.. I really hope that they didn't ruin it..
      Yes it is an absolutely gorgeous cover !! I love the covers of The Gates of thread and Stone very much as well.
      Thanks again for visiting !!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts