FRIDAY 56 & Book Beginnings 06.05.16.

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s Voice and Friday Book Beginnings by Rose City Reader.
 
Good morning guys ! The weather is totally awesome right now, and I'm going with my husband on a little trip this weekend ! We're going to Groningen, which is in the North of the Netherlands, and combine my uncle's brithday with some much needed rest and hopefully some fun.
 
But before we're leaving I would like to share a great read with you guys ! I'm currently reading this one and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It might not be very fast paced, but it's very interesting and I can't wait to see where it is going towards ! Ohh I want more romance !!! And some kisses would be nice.. But well, here is my 56 & Book Beginnings of this week !!
 
 
FIRST Sentence.
“In the sun-warmed quiet of her uncle's library, Lady Helen Wrexhall spread the skirt of her muslin morning gown and sank into the deep curtsey required for Royal presentation: back held straight, head slightly bowed, left knee bent so low it nearly touched the floor. And, of course, face set into a serene Court smile.”

PAGE 56.
“For a moment, he stared, skin turning scarlet and a vein in his forehead pulsing into a thick blue ridge. "Is that so?" He thrusts his face so close she could smell the beef on his breath and see the yellowed rims of his eyelids. "Would you rather your mother had been tried and beheaded? The great Lady Catherine, head hacked from her body, the mob ripping at her hair for souvenir?" He drew back. "You are not a dull-wit, girl. Even you must see it was the best outcome for the family."

 I hope I made you a bit curious about this book.. ^^ Have a great weekend. 




 
 

Comments

  1. Hi Melissa, I'm visiting from Friday 56 at Freda's Voice!

    I want to read the book just from the cover!

    The Friday 56 kind of makes me angry. It seems like she's being forced into a relationship with someone who repulses her, for the good of her family.

    Having said that, I'd probably tell the person where to go and write my farewells, as I would be heading soon to the block. :p

    Here's my Friday 56.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at the cover with this one!
    Have a lovely visit.

    My Friday 56 from Assassin's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good!! I am more interested in this one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the cover.

    I hope you are enjoying the book.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that cover, but think I need more from the story though. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts