Waiting On WEDNESDAY 04.05.16.

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
 
Good day everyone ! Today is a very special day ! Because it is Freyja (yes my cat) her birthday !! Already 6 years old.. time flies.. I mean she used to look so cute and little and now she is all grown up ^^
 
But not only that, but because it is Wednesday is is also time for another Waiting On. So this week I wanted to show you a book that will be released next week !! I've shown so many books lately that will take MONTHS before it is released, so to compensate that, AND because this month has so many great releases, I wanted to highlight this one for you guys !
So without further ado...
 
The Voodoo Killings by Kristi Charish
Release Date. May 10th 2016
 
For the first time since we launched Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, Random House Canada is thrilled to announce the debut of a new urban fantasy series. Kristi Charish's The Voodoo Killings introduces Kincaid Strange, not your average voodoo practitioner...

For starters, she's only 27. Then there's the fact that she lives in rain-soaked Seattle, which is not exactly Haiti. And she's broke. With raising zombies outlawed throughout the continental USA, Kincaid has to eke out a living running seances for university students with more money than brains who are desperate for guitar lessons with the ghost of a Seattle grunge rocker--who happens to be Kincaid's on-again, off-again roommate.

Then a stray zombie turns up outside her neighbourhood bar: Cameron Wight, an up-and-coming visual artist with no recollection of how he died or who raised him. Not only is it dangerous for Kincaid to be caught with an unauthorized zombie, she soon realizes he's tied to a spate of murders: someone is targeting the zombies and voodoo practitioners in Seattle's infamous Underground City, a paranormal hub. When the police refuse to investigate, the City's oldest and foremost zombie asks Kincaid to help. Raising ghosts and zombies is one thing, but finding a murderer? She's broke, but she's not stupid.

And then she becomes the target...As the saying goes, when it rains it pours, especially in Seattle.
 
I mean.. Voodoo and zombies ? Sign me up !
 
 

Comments

  1. I have wanted this one for so long. Thank heavens the wait is almost over. Hope we both love it! And Booker T and Cassius send Happy Birthday thoughts to Freya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adding this to my TBR pile. Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt know about this one but it looks interesting! Enjoy
    Check our wow

    Leydy @ OUAT

    P.S
    Enter this fandom giveaway!
    FANDOM COLLIDE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voodoo Zombies aren't really my thing. I prefer the ones who you know, chomp on people but this intrigues me a bit. I'll have to keep an eye out for some reviews on this title.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh! Zombies and Voodoo...sounds creepy! I do love the cover of this book though.

    Thanks for the suggestion and stopping by my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh! Zombies and Voodoo...sounds creepy! I do love the cover of this book though.

    Thanks for the suggestion and stopping by my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this book! It's completely new to me (which is pretty cool). I hope you enjoy this book when you get to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one either. I also tend to stay away from zombie anything but I hope you like it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg this sounds great! Awesome pick. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this might be good. I hope you love it. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I have to be honest here....this is not my type of read at all. I do love paranormal novels, but I draw the line at zombies and voodoo. These two things really scare me! I do hope you enjoy this one, though!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my own WOW! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts