Top Ten TUESDAY 17.05.16.

 
Goodmorning everyone ! It has been a couple of weeks since I’ve done this Tuesday meme, but I either didn’t have the time or I did not know what to do with the topic of the week. But this week’s meme seems like fun, so let’s get started !

 The topic of this week is the Top Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim. I do this a lot less lately, because I have so many books that I know will be good, that I mostly leave the ones I have doubts about. But from time to time I pick something up that I have no clue about, so let’s go for those ones. For the numbering, one I read most recently and the further we go, the longer it has been.


Amber Smoke by Kristin Cast. I saw this one on NetGalley and had my doubts about. I was not overly impressed with the House of Night series, and this book gets a lot of mixed ratings.. But I gave it a try and it was okay.. Not that great, but I had fun ^^.




Paper Princess by Erin Watt. I noticed on Goodreads that a friend of mine read it, and I decided, on a whim, that I wanted to read this one as well. I did not even read the description! But I was not disappointed, because it was an amazing read that made me feel right along with the main character, and care for the others. Loved it.

 



Nice Girls Endure by Chris Struyk-Bonn. I got this one on NetGalley as well and seemed like a nice in-between read, so I picked it up while not really knowing much about it. It was not the best book ever, but I did enjoy myself.



The Awakening by Melissa A. Craven. I also got this one from NetGalley, mainly because I really liked the cover and I have the same first name. But well.. this one was very disappointing, I haven’t read such a confusing story in a while and it made no sense to me. Not something I would recommend.

 
 


These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas. I didn’t know much about this one, or it’s writers, but a mix between Xmen and Jane Austen did sound great, so I picked it up and I really liked it. 



Holding Court by K.C. Held. This was also one that I got on a whim on NetGalley and I liked it a lot. It was extremely funny and even though it was very predictive, it was definitely worth my time.

 


Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley. One of those books that I’ve known about for a while, but never paid much attention to. But I was looking for something different and decided on a whim to go for this one and I absolutely loved it !




Matefinder by Leia Stone. I had a bit of a reading slum and could not find anything to stick, so I was looking backs that friends recommended and came across this one. So on a whim I picked this one up and I flew through the pages. It was not very special, and I disliked how easy things were for the main character (she had EVERYTHING going for her and was way overpowered) but it was nice read that got me out of it.



The Vampire Games by Stephanie Archer. Also one from NetGalley that I picked up on a whim. I liked the sound of the description and got curious. Even though I liked the plot and concept of this one, it was poorly executed and I felt a bit sad. I really hate it when I see something has potential, but they did not really got everything out of it.



All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin. I had this one on my shelves for a while and wanted to read something from it. So I picked this one up.. and did not like it AT ALL. Poorly written and the plot was just ridiculous. I even got rid of the book when I moved a couple of months back.

 

So well, from this I can conclude that sometimes things do work out and I get amazing books from my whims.. but sometimes I should have just pass on certain other books. But the point being, you never know up front.. so we just have to read and see !
 
 


 

Comments

  1. I'm the same with All The Things I've Done! XD It was a totally spontaneous library-borrow for me but omg sooooo bad. hehe. Which is sad, because I think it had good potential. *nods* And I SO want to read Rites of Passage someday! But I've heard a ton of good things about it, so it won't be a spontaneous pick for me. :P Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Vicious Masks was so much fun - the X-Men meets Jane Austen totally hooked me, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I want to read These Vicious Masks and Amber Smoke. Sorry it wasn't for you, but I loved the House of Night series! I still need to read the last two books though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list! I rarely buy based on a whim though I definitely should do that more! I hadn't heard of these books yet, but they look intriguing! Especially These Vicious Masks! X-Men meets Jane Austen? You're right, I'm hooked already :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NetGalley is definitely a place where I give in without much thought. These Vicious Masks was a lot of fun, it had a few flaws, but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found out about Paper Princess not too long ago and I really want to get a copy! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts